Sunday, September 1, 2013

Store Review - Part II: Stylemint

See my Part I (Shoemint) review here.

Okay, Stylemint.  Pretty good deals.  I bought a cashmere sweater for about $22 and a top for $7.50.  Overall, I'm pretty satisfied.  Decent quality and decent prices.

Here they are:




The sweater is a bit big and not the best shape but for the price it can't be beat.  At $22, it obviously isn't the greatest quality cashmere, but it's still very warm and will certainly be useful in the winter.  It's a classic piece, so I can wear it for years to come. 



The shirt fits pretty well and I like the foiled-sleeve detailing.  It's enough to spazz up a shirt while still keeping it simple. It's not the best quality, but that's okay since it's a t-shirt. Also it was pretty cheap so yaye!



Pretty foiling!

In terms of sizing, Stylemint does this weird size 1, 2, 3, 4 thing.  It's a little irritating because it doesn't follow conventional sizing (why don't they just do S, M, L, XL, etc like normal companies?) so it's not easy to figure out the right size.  I got a 1 for the shirt (it's a little bit too just right so I could've sized up) and a 2 for the sweater (which is a bit big but okay for layering). 

Overall, Stylemint is not a bad place to shop when it's on sale.  But I think most of their clothes are not very unique or good-quality, so while there may be some gems during their big sales, you're better off looking somewhere else that won't charge your card every month once you start buying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment